Saturday, May 21, 2011



Nephite Easter


We invited our 8 missionaries over to spend Easter with us. I had them meet on our doorstep. I started reading in 3 Nephi 8: 5-22 and as I talked about the destruction of the land - E. Reese was doing the sound, water, lightning and fire effects from behind the door. (I was trying hard not to laugh!) When I read about the darkness - I passed out blindfolds. I told them that they were lucky that they were still alive and that they needed to find their family and friends that had been lost in the destruction.





E. Reese had turned over the furniture and moved things around to get the feel for the destruction! He had found some chocolate eggs at the Bazaar and he scattered them through out the room - representing their family. It was fun to watch the elders searching for their lost family and friends and how excited they were when they found one! When they were done, they took off their blindfolds, straightened up the furniture and I read about Christ appearing at the temple. (3 Nephi 11: 3-17) I bore my testimony that even though I did not feel the prints of the nails in his hand and feet - that I know just as surely as they that Christ lives. He is my savior - and I am forever grateful that he died for me. That because of him, I can return to live with my Heavenly Father. How thankful I am to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints!


1 comment: