Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Marcy was asking about our Marshutkas. This is a favorite mode of transportation. They hold about 20 people - more when you cram in the small isle way! They were really old and kind of scary to ride. Then the government stepped in and bought all new yellow ones. I hear they even have air conditioning! (but will they use it?) I rode in one last night to go visit a sick sister in the branch (with the missionaries and RS President) I had a plate of fruit I was holding. We were standing in the isle way and a lady in the seat took my plate from me to hold! Georgians are good at helping each other out. So the sister was feeling a little better, we asked if there was anything we could do to help her. She said no and then started setting the table to serve us some food. I told her NO, that we were here to help her - it did no good. I did manage to help her cut up the fruit and get things ready for us. It was very nice and the missionaries did give her and her daughter a blessing before we left. So - I guess I can't visit the sick anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment