Tuesday, April 19, 2011

During the day we sometimes will hear a person hollering up to our building in a loud sing-song voice. They are usually selling vegetables or some kind of wares. Today I looked out to see what they were selling and saw this man. The Southwick's had told us that a man came around sharpening knives. I hollered down and held out one of our knives. Then I gathered up four of our kitchen knives. I asked the price and between us I finally figured out the price was 4 Lari. Which I figured was very inexpensive. We sort of talked about the blades made of tin instead of steel. Even though we couldn't understand each other , with pointing to tin of a car and a steel post we communicated. I showed him my Leatherman and he said "kargi" (good). He was very thorough and did an excellent job. I tried to pay him 5 Lari and he gave me back the 1 Lari and refused to take it back. The price was the price.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool...what an adventure you are on. Such a different world!

    ReplyDelete